Music@Menlo LIVE, the festival’s exclusive recording label, has received rave reviews from critics and customers alike. The label, launched in 2003, has been praised as a “breakthrough” (Billboard) and “probably the most ambitious recording project of any classical music festival in the world” (San Jose Mercury News). One critic hailed Music@Menlo LIVE’s recordings as “without question the best CDs I have ever heard” (Positive Feedback Online). Music@Menlo’s recordings are engineered and produced by Da-Hong Seetoo using state-of-the-art recording technology.
Gloria Chien LIVE
In this June 2021 release, acclaimed pianist Gloria Chien is featured in a collection of remarkable recordings from past Music@Menlo festivals. Artists featured in collaboration with Wu Han are violinists Benjamin Beilman and Kristin Lee, violist Richard ONeill, cellist Keith Robinson, and horn player Radovan Vlatkovič. Gloria Chien LIVE was recorded and remastered by the Grammy award-winning sound engineer and producer, Da-Hong Seetoo. Learn more and order online.
- Franz Liszt | Grand duo concertant sur la romance de “Le marin” for Violin and Piano, S. 128
- Felix Mendlessohn | Selected Lieder ohne Worte (Songs without Words): Book 1, Opus 19b, no. 1 in E Major: Andante con moto
- Robert Schumann | Adagio and Allegro in A-flat Major for Horn and Piano, op. 70
- Erich Wolfgang Korngold | Piano Quintet in E Major, op. 15
Music@Menlo LIVE: Winterreise
The 2019 festival performance of Schubert’s momentous Winterreise was a long-considered project for Nikolay Borchev and Wu Han. A dramatic and deeply moving song cycle depicting unrequited love, despair, and hope, Winterreise is a musically and emotionally intense undertaking for any artist. Those who were not able to experience the incredible live performances at Music@Menlo last summer are still able to share in their beauty, with the release of the live recordings on July 26. Learn more and order online.
Music@Menlo LIVE 2019: Incredible Decades
The seventeenth edition of Music@Menlo LIVE illustrates the evolution of chamber music over three hundred years, by focusing on seven Incredible Decades. Each volume explores a specific chapter in which remarkable composers chronicled the shifts in the world around them. Many of history's finest composers have captured the spirit of their times in sound, and in this collection of recordings, Music@Menlo encapsulates the dynamism of both an art form and the cultural winds that powered it. Learn more and order online.
- Georg Philipp Telemann | Violin Concerto in a minor, TWV 51: a1
- Tomaso Albinoni | Double Oboe Concerto in C Major, op. 7, no. 2
- Ludwig van Beethoven | String Quartet in F Major, op. 135
- Robert Schumann | Piano Trio no. 1 in d minor, op. 63
- Frederic Chopin | Cello Sonata in g minor, op. 65
- Sergei Rachmaninov | Suite no. 1 for Two Pianos, op. 5,Fantaisie-tableaux
- John Adams | Road Moviesfor Violin and Piano
- Bright Sheng | Concertino for Clarinet and String Quartet
Wu Han LIVE III
Wu Han LIVE III is the third collaborative release between the ArtistLed and Music@Menlo LIVE labels. Showcasing the extraordinary artistry of the festival's musicians, the recordings for this Music@Menlo LIVE offering are selected from the rich catalog of thirteen seasons of Music@Menlo festival performances. This special release features moving performances of Fauré's dazzling piano quartets from previous Music@Menlo festivals. Artists featured in collaboration with Wu Han are violinists Chad Hoopes and Arnaud Sussmann, violists Paul Neubauer and Richard ONeill, and cellists Clive Greensmith and Dmitri Atapine. Wu Han LIVE III was recorded and remastered by the Grammy award-winning sound engineer and producer, Da-Hong Seetoo. Learn more and order online.
- Gabriel Fauré | Piano Quartet no. 1 in c minor, op. 15
- Gabriel Fauré | Piano Quartet no. 2 in g minor, op. 45