Music@Menlo LIVE, the festival’s exclusive recording label, has received rave reviews from critics and customers alike. The label, launched in 2003, has been praised as a “breakthrough” (Billboard) and “probably the most ambitious recording project of any classical music festival in the world” (San Jose Mercury News). One critic hailed Music@Menlo LIVE’s recordings as “without question the best CDs I have ever heard” (Positive Feedback Online). Music@Menlo’s recordings are engineered and produced by Da-Hong Seetoo using state-of-the-art recording technology.
Music@Menlo LIVE 2021: Gather
Music@Menlo is delighted to announce the release of the LIVE recordings from the 2021 summer festival—
- Patrick Castillo | Gather
- Arno Babajanian | Piano Trio in F minor
- György Ligeti | Sonata for Solo Cello
- Johannes Brahms | Piano Quintet in F minor, op. 34
- Antonín Dvořák | String Sextet in A Major, op. 48, B. 80
- Eugène Ysaÿe | Rêve d’enfant (A Child’s Dream), op. 14
- Felix Mendelssohn | String Quintet no. 2 in B-flat Major, op. 87
- Franz Schubert | Fantasy in F minor for Piano, Four Hands, op. posth. 103, D. 940
Music@Menlo LIVE: Winterreise
The 2019 festival performance of Schubert’s momentous Winterreise was a long-considered project for Nikolay Borchev and Wu Han. A dramatic and deeply moving song cycle depicting unrequited love, despair, and hope, Winterreise is a musically and emotionally intense undertaking for any artist. Those who were not able to experience the incredible live performances at Music@Menlo last summer are still able to share in their beauty, with the release of the live recordings on July 26. Learn more and order online.
Wu Han LIVE III
Wu Han LIVE III is the third collaborative release between the ArtistLed and Music@Menlo LIVE labels. Showcasing the extraordinary artistry of the festival's musicians, the recordings for this Music@Menlo LIVE offering are selected from the rich catalog of thirteen seasons of Music@Menlo festival performances. This special release features moving performances of Fauré's dazzling piano quartets from previous Music@Menlo festivals. Artists featured in collaboration with Wu Han are violinists Chad Hoopes and Arnaud Sussmann, violists Paul Neubauer and Richard ONeill, and cellists Clive Greensmith and Dmitri Atapine. Wu Han LIVE III was recorded and remastered by the Grammy award-winning sound engineer and producer, Da-Hong Seetoo. Learn more and order online.
- Gabriel Fauré | Piano Quartet no. 1 in c minor, op. 15
- Gabriel Fauré | Piano Quartet no. 2 in g minor, op. 45