Search events by
Join festival artists and patrons on specially curated musical journeys around the world. With local experts, festival artists, and distinguished lecturers, Music@Menlo’s travel programs offer patrons incomparable insider access to some of the most significant historical and cultural landmarks while they enjoy a musical listening experience like no other. With festival artists, expert guides, and distinguished lecturers, Music@Menlo’s travel program offers our patrons incomparable insider access to significant historical and cultural landmarks and musical experiences like no other. In past years, we have visited Prague, Vienna, St. Petersburg, and Milan. In 2018, Music@Menlo journeyed to two more extraordinary destinations: London and Paris.
David, Wu Han, and other Music@Menlo musicians performed privately at four remarkable venues, including the spectacular Hôtel de Talleyrand, the late-eighteenth-century home of the great French statesman; the splendid home and studio of the British Victorian painter Frederic Lord Leighton; the lavish salon of an exclusive private club in Paris; and the Music Room of composer George Frideric Handel’s London home. Patrons visited superb art collections in small private museums; enjoyed private viewings of important music manuscripts at the British Library and Bibliothèque Nationale; heard exclusive talks on the historic musical life in both cities; savored a private wine tasting in Paris with a top sommelier; along with many other activities. All while staying in luxury at five-star hotels in both cities—the Ritz London and Hotel Le Meurice in Paris—and sampling fine dining at top restaurants.
Tour Higlights Included:
• Concert and reception at Leighton House, home of the Victorian artist and music lover Frederic Lord Leighton
• Concert and private after-hours tour at Handel House in Mayfair
• Afternoon tea with talk on the Anglican choral tradition by Jeremy Summerly, Director of Music at St. Peter’s College, Oxford
• Evensong in St. George’s Chapel and a private tour of Windsor Castle
• Concert at Cercle de l’Union Interalliée, an exclusive private club in Paris
• Private tours of local museums including the Wallace Collection, Soane House Museum, Tate Britain, the British Library, Musée Jacquemart-André, and the Louvre Museum
• Private dinner, talk, and wine tasting with musicologist and art historian Dr. Florence Gétreau and sommelier Nicolas Fouilleroux
• Private tour of the Palais Garnier, Paris Opera’s Beaux Arts nineteenth-century theater and a private viewing of music manuscripts
• Concert at the Hôtel de Talleyrand, a spectacular late-eighteenth-century Parisian townhouse
• Elegant receptions at private homes
For more information on Music@Menlo’s patron travel programs, please email Music@Menlo’s Development Director, Lee Ramsey, at email@example.com, or call (650) 330-2133.